24 Haziran 2009 Çarşamba

Assos

Assos, sooo peace full. I am at Assos now. We got here from Selcuk after 6 hours driving. We left the hotel at 8 and drove to Pergamum first. It was a nice 3 hours driving. We drove through Izmir, then followed the Agean coast up through north to Bergama. It is a very nice small town. The old part which is the center of the town is beautiful. The alley roads, old Ottoman and Greek houses and you suddenly bump to a temple from 2nd century AD. We drove up to Acropolis and I gave them 1 hour to visit the site. I had a chance to catch up with some old friends, talked about the tourism and some politics of course. Talking politics without Raki is like to try to drive a car which has no petrol. So we talked about tourism again :) He is also a guide but he also has a carpet store with another friend. Bergama is famous for its carpets also. The history of these carpets goes back to 11th century. They are known by their strong geometric designs and dark blue colors. I would like to show my group some samples but they are not very interested.

Anyway, they came back 1 hour later and we continued to a restaurant which is 1 hour after Bergama on the way to Assos. It is a place just at the side of the road. (I feel like I should give the names of these places. Hmmmm ok). It is called Ekbir. They have very tasty doner sandwich and vegetable dishes and ostrich kebabs. If you are at the Aegean coasts of turkey you shouldn’t hastate to go to a restaurant serving vegetable dishes. I believe they all cook good. I had artichoke and stuffed wine leaves. All cooked by olive oil. Yuuumm. The group tried the doner sandwich and loved it. In ten years never got any complaints from the group about the restaurants. I think I know the best places :) Well my size tour leader must be followed if the case is meal, I believe.

After a good lunch we drove 2 more hours to Assos. And we are here now. We just had dinner. Some starters, salad, whiting and desert. Of course some Raki and eyes are at the horizon on the Aegean thinking about my fiancé while the bitter sips go down through the throat. Hmmmm. Yes, where were we? Assos. We stay at Kervansaray hotel here. I think it is the best hotel with the best manager. Very helpful person. Happy to see him after a long time.
We will start late tomorrow. Departure is 11 am. (Awesome. So I can play Total War till late). We will drive to Troy then Canakkale. Good, I missed Canakkale but I will talked about it tomorrow. 2 more nights then I will be in Istanbul.

Tip of the day: Don’t drink Raki before sunset.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder